The Bureau of Industry and Security is charged with the development, implementation and interpretation of U.S. export control policy for dual-use commodities, software, and technology. Dual-use items subject to BIS regulatory jurisdiction have predominantly commercial uses, but also may have military applications. In order to accomplish this objective, BIS seeks to promulgate clear, concise, and timely regulations. This section of the website provides guidance on key regulatory policies for certain destinations, deemed exports (transfers of technology to foreign nationals), encryption and other specific products. For comprehensive information on export licensing requirements and policies refer to the Export Administration Regulations (Title 15 Code of Federal Regulations Parts 730-774)
.TJ Morris Agency dba ACO American Communications Online Services, processing, data bases, FTP Files for our clients.
We not only do Hosting and Social Media for our ACO Club Members but also VET with
TJ Morris dba ACIR for our 3rd Party Resources.
ACIR Director Ralph Kennedy Johnston, Sr. = Solar Commander
ACIR Director Theresa J Thurmond Morris = Cosmos Commander
ACIR Director Richard T. Knight = Galaxy Commander
ACIR Assured Confidential Investigative Reports performs background checks
For our International 3rd Party Importer & Exporters in Business per Industry and Security policies.
|solopreneurs, small and mid-size businesses the same enterprise-level performance and security – for lower prices – with no hidden charges. ALPHA KAPPA ALPHA SORORITY, INCORPORATED Xi Upsilon Chapter Constitution & Bylaws||2016|
The name of this undergraduate chapter shall be Xi Upsilon Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., at California State University Dominquez Hills, chartered on May 27, 1984 in Los Angeles, California, Far Western Region
The purpose of Xi Upsilon Chapter is to seek out women who meet the standards of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority; and those women who are interested in the pre-set goals and ideas of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. The members of Xi Upsilon Chapter must graduate within six (6) years from their date of admission to the first university/college of acceptance. If the Soror has not graduated after six (6) years of entering the university/college, the Soror must transfer to a graduate chapter as an associate member. Only the Supreme Basileus can give exception to this requirement.
Sect. 1 – Membership in the Xi Upsilon Chapter requires an academic semester and cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5. Xi Upsilon shall accept only one senior to be considered as a candidate for each membership intake, however, it is at the discretion of the chapter to accept more if they so choose. The membership of Xi Upsilon, shall not conflict with any rules or regulations that are set by California State University, Dominquez Hills.
Sect.2 – (a) In addition, membership in Xi Upsilon shall be contingent on meeting all financial obligations established by Xi Upsilon Chapter
(b)- The Annual dues shall be determined by a majority vote of members present
(c)- Annual dues shall be paid by February 1st of the year. All financial obligations must be cleared before new dues are accepted for the upcoming year.
(d)- Each Soror affiliated with this chapter shall pay chapter dues as determined by the body to be needed to implement the estimated budget of the following year.
(e)- A Soror generating a non-honored check shall be penalized ($25.00) twenty- five dollars.
(f)- A Soror who fails to meet all financial obligations imposed by the membership shall not be eligible to attend any social event of the chapter, represent the chapter, or committee chairmanship, nor act in an official capacity for the chapter.
Sect. 3- (a) Xi Upsilon Chapter is open to all women regardless of race, creed, religion or color.
(b)- No member, including officers and committee chairmen, shall represent the organization in any manner without the proper authorization by the organization.
(c)- Immediately after rush there shall be no contact with interest group, contact must only be with Graduate Advisor.
(d)- Once chapter receives response from the Regional Director, a favorable vote letter shall be sent to all prospective candidates.
Sect. 4- Removal from Office (a) Officers and chairmen who fail to meet all requirements of the office as outlined in the Constitution and Bylaws shall be subject to reprimand. Should the negligence continue, this individual shall be subject to removal from office and her successor appointed by the Basileus.
(b)- The removal of an officer who fails to comply with the Constitution and Bylaws shall be initiated by a recommendation from the Basileus, and Anti- Basileus, following any complaints brought by either officer. A two-thirds (2/3) vote of the members present shall be necessary for the removal from office.
Article IV – Officers & Elections
Sect. 1 – Officers of Xi Upsilon shall consist of: Basileus, Anti-Basileus, Grammateus, Tamiouchos, and Epistoleus
BASILEUS – It shall be the duty of the Basileus to preside over all meetings, to enforce a due observance of the Constitution and By-Laws and to call special meetings. She shall appoint the chairmen unless specified otherwise, and have general management of the organization’s affairs. The Basileus shall have the duty of assisting the presiding officer in the interpretation of the Constitution and By-Laws
ANTI-BASILEUS – It shall be the duty of the Anti-Basileus to be general program chairman; to serve as chairman of the meeting in the absence of the Basileus or perform other duties of the Basileus in her absence. It shall be the duty of the Anti-Basileus to serve as chairman of the Hospitality Committee, receive and introduce all visitors and act as the official hostess at all meetings. She is responsible for seeing that all courtesies are extended to Sorors and their families during times of bereavement, illness, marriage, etc. She will keep a record of the gifts and courtesies extended.
GRAMMATEUS – It shall be the duty of the Grammateus to keep proper minutes of the meetings, to keep a list of committee reports, to prepare all ballots for voting, collect all funds, and keep a journal of all monies received.
EPISTOLEUS – It shall be the duty of the Epistoleus to conduct all the correspondence of the chapter. She shall assist her Basileus in the preparation of the newsletter. She shall serve as chairman of the communications committee. It shall be the duty of this officer to compile and keep current the history of the organization’s activities and handle all publicity.
PECUNIOUS GRAMMATEUS – It shall be the duty of the Pecunious Grammateus to collect all funds, and to pay said money to the Tamiouchos, obtaining a receipt for same. She shall keep a journal record of all monies received and vouchers issued; sign all vouchers of the Tamiouchos and give a monthly report to the Chapter of monies collected. She shall notify all members of their delinquent financial obligations, which are payable on or before their current dues are accepted or voting reinstated. A current financial list will be provided to the Nomination Committee. She shall be responsible for all records and materials pertinent to transfers; clear all candidates for office; be responsible for all remittance of funds to the Alpha Kappa Alpha Corporate Office. She shall be a member of the Budget/Finance Committee and be bonded.
TAMIOUCHUS – It shall be the duty of the Tamiouchos to receive all monies of the Chapter from the Pecunious Grammateus and to serve as the custodian of funds for all committees. She will deposit money in the bank to the credit of the Chapter, pay all bills signed by the Basileus and to keep accounts in a proper manner. When requested, she will exhibit resources, amount of receipts, disbursements, and keep a file of all bills. She shall be chairman of the Budget Committee. All checks shall be signed by the Chapter Basileus and Graduate Advisor.
PHILACTER -It shall be the duty of the Philacter to guard the inner doors and to assist the Hodegos in her capacity as hostess. She shall perform any other duties designated by the Basileus and shall, serve as Co-Chairman of the Hospitality.
HODEGOS – It shall be the duty of the Hodegos to receive, introduce and maintain a permanent record of all visitors and to act as official hostess at all meetings. It shall be her duty to keep a permanent record of gifts and courtesies extended to the various sorors or their families. She shall be chairman of the Hospitality Committee.
IVY LEAF REPORTER – It shall be the duty of the Ivy Leaf Reporter to prepare and submit public announcements of all Chapter functions. She shall maintain a record of all activities including pictures, announcements of functions, news clippings, news releases and other related materials and pass the same to the Historian. She shall serve as chairman of the Public Relation Committee.
PARLIAMENTARIAN – It shall be the duty of the Parliamentarian to maintain order at meetings, according to Robert’s Rules of Order, Newly Revised. To see that business of the chapter is conducted according to the Chapter Bylaws and Constitution and Bylaws of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. She is to assist the Basileus in the interpretation of the governing documents. She shall serve as chairman of Bylaws Committee.
Sect. 2- Their term of office shall begin in January. All officers shall be elected for a one (1) year term.
Sect. 3 – (a) Elections shall be held annually.
Candidates for office shall be presented for election by nomination at the regular November meeting.
Candidates for office shall be submitted by a nomination committee; further nominating from the floor, shall be open at the time this committee makes its report
Nominations shall be made at the October meeting; and voting for officers shall be by secret ballot at the regular November meeting. The candidate receiving the highest number of votes shall be elected. Installation of officers shall be in December
In the event of a tie, the successful candidate shall be determined by lot drawn either by the Basileus or Anti-Basileus not involved in the current election.
A Soror to be elected must be financial and in attendance of at least two thirds of all chapter meetings. She must have attended/participated in at least three chapter related events or activities. She must have attended at least one of the last Undergraduate Round-up, Cluster, Regional Conference or Boulé`.
The Grammateus shall supervise the voting, issue the ballot, see that they are deposited in the proper receptacle and count the ballots. The Grammateus will then report the results of the voting to the organization
Sect.4- GRADUATE ADVISOR- It shall be the duty of the Graduate Advisor to serve as a liaison between the Mu Beta Omega Chapter and Xi Upsilon, the Regional Director, and the Corporate Office. The Graduate Advisor shall assist the undergraduate chapter with her knowledge of correct procedure for Sorority business. Must attend rush and supervise all Membership Intake Process.
Article V – Meetings
Sect. 1-(a) There will be one meeting of this chapter per month, from September through June.
(b) Chapter meetings shall be the first Saturday of each month at 1:00 p.m.
Sect. 2- The Executive Board meetings shall be held the Saturday prior to the monthly chapter meeting at 1:00 p.m.
Sect. 3- Special Meetings will be needed for particular events and/or issues. Special Meetings will be scheduled when needed by the Basileus
Sect. 4 – No meeting shall be held without a quorum. A quorum shall consist of the majority of the active members, including three (3) major officers.
Sect. 5- When a meeting is scheduled, it shall be the duty of the Epistoleus to notify the Sorors that will need to be in attendance
Article VI – Executive Committee
Sect. 1- The Executive Committee may bring recommendations to the body.
Sect. 2- The officers of Xi Upsilon shall make up the quorum.
Article VII- Committees
- AUDIT – It shall be the duty of this committee to audit the financial records of the chapter at least once per year, a written report of the financial progress and condition shall be given to the chapter. Members of the audit committee shall include the current Grammateus
- ) BUDGET/FINANCE – The Budget Committee prepares an annual budget to be presented to the organization at the December meeting. This committee will hold its initial planning during the month of October, and reflect recommendations of the committee chairman. The Tamiouchos shall be chairman of this committee. The Chairman shall prepare a report in triplicate, submitting one copy to the Basileus, one copy to the Grammateus, and one copy for her records
- BY-LAWS – The Constitution and By-Laws committee shall propose all needed changes in the Constitution and By-Laws, carefully examine all proposed amendments from other approved sources, and formulate some form of circulation. The current Basileus shall be the chairmen of this committee
- EVALUATION AND STANDARDS – The evaluation and standards committee is responsible for working out a plan of evaluating the Sorority’s program including special chapter endeavors, committee activities membership interest and participation, and activities involved in carrying out nationally aspired themes. The evaluation committee reports annually at the end of each year, this serves as a guide in the framing and enriching of the following year’s program.
- HOSPITALITY – The Chairman of this committee is the Anti-Basileus. She shall receive and introduce all visitors purchase gifts, flowers and cards, as necessary, and customarily in various organization courtesies.
- MEMBERSHIP – The membership committee is responsible for seeing that all records of processing candidates are submitted to the Regional Director and to the Corporate Office in the proper sequence and on time. This committee shall carry out the activities of the Membership Intake Process in accordance with its Constitution and Bylaws and Manual of Standard Procedures of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc
- PROGRAM – The Anti-Basileus shall be the chairman of this committee. This committee shall be responsible for all regular and special programs of the organization. The program for the year shall be presented at the December meeting and should include proposed activities of all committees and service programs. The Chairman shall prepare a report in triplicate, submitting one copy to the Basileus, one copy to the Grammateus, and one copy for her records.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS – The Public Relations committee shall act as a publicity committee of the chapter. This committee shall inform the public and other organizations of chapter activities. The Epistoleus shall serve as chairman
- SOCIAL ACTION – The Social Action committee shall act as a liaison between the chapter and other organizations. It shall be the duty of this committee to be knowledgeable of all chapter interactions with other organizations.
- WAYS AND MEANS – The Ways and Means committee is commissioned to raise the funds over and above chapter dues, needed for the budget adopted and accepted by the chapter. The current Anti- Basileus shall serve as chairmen for this
- YEARBOOK – The Yearbook committee is responsible for compiling the chapter book which is issued yearly and contains the names, addresses, birthday, anniversaries, etc., of each financial Soror. Time and place of meetings are also included. The current Epistoleus shall serve as chairmen of this committee
Article VIII- Special Committees
The Basileus shall create committees as needed to facilitate the purpose and objectives of the chapter.
Article IX – Authority
Robert’s Rule of Order, newly revised, shall be the guide in the conduct of all business
Article X- Amendment of the Bylaws
These By-Laws become effective as of September of the current year.
These By-Laws may be amended at any regular meetings by a two-third (2/3) vote of active members present. All changes must be presented in writing.
Article XI- Dissolution
Upon dissolution of the Xi Upsilon Chapter, its assets shall be distributed for one or more exempt purposes within the meaning of Sec 501(c)(7) of the Internal Revenue code or corresponding section of any future federal tax code, or for one or more exempt purposes within the meaning of Sec 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code, or shall be distributed to the federal government, or to a state or local government, for a public purpose
ACIR All Things Allowed By Law = Fixmywebs.US